Brushing with ceramic braces is similar to brushing with traditional metal braces. However, you must take extra care to avoid damaging the ceramic brackets, which are more brittle than metal brackets. Here are some tips for brushing with ceramic braces:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently clean your teeth and braces.
- Brush at a 45-degree angle towards the gum line, using a circular motion.
- Brush the brackets and wires carefully and be cautious not to apply too much pressure.
- Use an interdental brush, floss threader or waterpik waterflosser to clean between the wires and teeth.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water or an antibacterial mouthwash to remove any debris.
It’s essential to brush your teeth and braces thoroughly after every meal and snack to prevent food particles from getting trapped in the brackets and wires, which can cause tooth decay and gum disease. Additionally, visit your orthodontist regularly for adjustments and your dentist for professional cleaning to maintain good oral hygiene throughout your orthodontic treatment.